The first years of your new baby’s life can get incredibly expensive. Our first year Baby Cost Calculator helps you build a budget for your new baby by estimating both ongoing and one-time expenses.
Our calculator takes a look at just about everything you’ll need to consider and plan for with your new baby. We’ll cover baby expenses associated with the following categories:
- Delivery Cost: Delivering the baby at a hospital or in a home setting.
- Ongoing Costs: Caring for the baby’s daily or reoccurring needs such as diapers and feeding.
- One-Time Costs: Necessary baby gear for everyday life such as cribs, bottles, bathtubs, and strollers.
We’ll guide you through each of these sections to help you figure out the estimated cost of having a baby. Once you’re done providing your inputs, we’ll create a new Baby Budget for your little one and give you the option to email a copy to yourself!
Our mission is to help future and new parents be financially ready for the first year of your baby’s life.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to have a baby?
What is the average monthly cost for a baby?
How much does it cost to have a baby in the first year?
What should I do to prepare financially for having a baby?
2. Create a savings plan (and possibly separate account) to cover the costs for having a baby.
3. Check with your insurance to determine steps and deadlines to add them to your health plan after birth.
4. Create baby registries with your preferred stores since family will want to buy items early.
5. Start a 529 college savings account to begin investing in their future.
6. Determine what baby gear you will purchase new or what you can borrow from family and friends.